- Born the 15th child of N.J. and Vera Ford, lifelong Memphian
- Raised in the West Junction Community of Memphis, Tennessee
- Graduated from Mitchell Road High School in 1973.
- Received Bachelor of Science Degree in Government and Public Affairs from Tennessee State University in Nashville, Tennessee, May 1979
- Received Mortuary Science Degree from John A. Gupton Mortuary College in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Elected to the Memphis City Council in 1999, serving as Council Chair in 2005.
- Loves people, immensely enjoying the time where public service to the people of his community was provided during his tenure on the council, still delivering those services today.
Councilmember, Memphis City Council
Elected to serve on the City Council in October 1999; during his tenure, he was a strong advocate for the citizens of District 6.
Served on following committees during tenure as City Councilman: Education, General Services, Budget, Housing and Community Development (Chair), Personnel, Intergovernmental & Annexation, Planning & Zoning, Public Review Board.
Funeral Director and Owner
1995 to Present - Licensed Embalmer and Funeral Director, Founder and Owner, E.H. Ford Mortuary Services
1987 to 1999 - Independent Contractor and Embalmer, Various
1987 to 1995 - Supervising Embalmer, M.J. Edwards Funeral Home
1970 to 1987 - N.J. Ford and Sons Funeral Home, Vice President, Director and Embalmer
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Blue Bird Neighborhood Association
- Bluff City Funeral Directors
- TSU Alumni Association
- Prince Hall Free and Accepted Masons
- National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association
- Sigma Phi Sigma National Funeral Service Fraternity
- Honored Professional in the Nationwide Register's "Who's Who in Executives and Businesses."
- Married to Myrna Owen Ford
- Father of four children, including Shelby County Commissioner Edmund Ford, Jr., Christopher, James and William.
- Active member of Ford Chapel A.M.E. Zion Church, Chair of the Trustee Board, Lay Council President
- Appointed member of the West Tennessee – Mississippi Conference A.M.E. Zion Trustee Board.
Join me in making District 6 an economically thriving and safe community, by donating to my campaign and supporting a winning platform.